- The Broncos had Paxton Lynch and Brock Osweiler splitting first-team reps again during Thursday’s practice. (Nicki Jhabvala)
- Regarding Lynch, Broncos HC Vance Joseph told reporters: “Our goal is to see him play before the year’s over. We have two more games to do that.” (Nicki Jhabvala)
- Joseph added: “We have to consider this team’s future at quarterback.” (Nicki Jhabvala)
Browns WR Josh Gordon told reporters that he has no plans to request a trade out of Cleveland after the season.
“You can ask for a trade whenever you want to really, but that’s not really on my mind, man,” Gordon said Thursday, via Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com. “I’m just glad to be back.”
Gordon added that playing for the Browns is “not seen as something that’s holding us back. It’s something as a competitor you want to do. You want to come to Cleveland to change the dynamic, to be one of the people responsible for bringing a winning season, a winning organization to the city.”
New Browns GM John Dorsey recently said that Gordon has a home in Cleveland as long he wants it.
“Josh is a very, very, very talented football player,” Dorsey said during interview with 92.3 The Fan. “And it always helps to have talented guys on there. The one thing about Josh, what I’ve seen is and I’ve heard, he’s worked very hard to turn his personal life around. My Catholicism has taught me that, you know what, give every man a second chance in life.
“And as long as he’s committed to the Cleveland Browns, I’ll tell you that the Cleveland Browns are committed to him, to help him not only be a good football player but a good man off the field.”
- According to Howard Balzer, the Chiefs brought in free agent TE Marcus Lucas for a tryout on Wednesday.
- The Indianapolis Colts announced Thursday that WR Donte Moncrief (ankle), TE Brandon Williams (concussion), CB Rashaan Melvin (hand), TE Jason Vander Laan (concussion)and RT Denzelle Good (foot) for Saturday’s game against the Ravens.
- Colts HC Chuck Pagano did say that he’s still confident Moncrief returns this season and expects him to be on the field next week. (Mike Chappell)