- According to Jason La Canfora, the Broncos are trying to trade veteran CB Aqib Talib this offseason.
- La Canfora adds that CB Chris Harris may not in Denver much more than another year or so.
- Last we heard regarding Talib, a report said that the Broncos were expected to field trade offers for him this offseason (NFLTR).
- Adam Teicher of ESPN predicts the Chiefs will move on from veteran ILB Derrick Johnson and OLB Tamba Hali this offseason.
- Teicher mentions that Kansas City appears to have a long-term replacement for Johnson in Reggie Ragland and it appeared as though Hali was at the end of his career last year.
- According to OverTheCap.com, releasing Johnson and Hali would net the Chiefs $15.69 million of cap space and create $3.958 million in dead money.
- Jason La Canfora believes the Jets could end up being Kirk Cousins‘ best option when all is said and done.
- While the Jets posted a record of 5-11 last year, he mentions that New York was competitive and have high draft picks and money to spend on players in free agency.
- La Canfora anticipates the Jets coming at Cousins hyper-aggressively with a “holistic approach to how they plan to build around him.”
- We have him featured in our Top 100 – 2018 NFL Free Agents list.
A high-level NFL executive tells Matt Miller of B/R that the Patriots retaining Josh McDaniels as their offensive coordinator likely means they’ll be looking for their quarterback of the future this offseason.
“To me, this means the Patriots are going to find their quarterback of the future this offseason, and everyone in that building knows how important it is that [McDaniels] be there to help identify and develop that player,” the executive said.