- Adam Schefter reports that Broncos P Marquette King, who was placed on injured reserve and could be released soon, is heading to Northern California on Monday to meet with a specialist regarding a possible sports hernia.
- According to Schefter, King has battled the injury since organized team activities.
Colts HC Frank Reich said it’s “killing” him to have Andrew Luck throw the ball so much on offense. As of now, Luck has attempted 245 passes this season on track to break Matthew Stafford‘s record of 727.
“It’s killing me to have to throw this much,” said Reich, via ProFootballTalk. “I know you can’t sustain this.”
Reich added that the “story doesn’t end well” with quarterbacks required to throw at this pace.
“The story doesn’t end well when you have to sustain this level of throwing,” Reich said. “Maybe there’s exceptions to that.”
- The Dolphins announced that DE Cameron Wake (knee) has been ruled out of Week 5 and did not travel with the team.
- Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk, citing a league source, reports that the Steelers “continue to consider” the possibility of trading RB Le’Veon Bell for “what they can” by the Week 8 trade deadline.
- Florio mentions that the Steelers must consider whether the 2020 compensatory pick value they would receive if Bell departed as a free agent will outweigh whatever trade the team would be offered.