- Mike Klis reports that Broncos assistant to HC Phil Rauscher is interviewing with the Redskins on Thursday for their assistant OL coach position.
- Michael Lombardi is hearing that former UTEP head coach Sean Kugler is “strongly” in the mix for the Broncos’ offensive line job.
- Armando Salguero reports that the Dolphins have hired former Bears OL coach Jeremiah Washburn to be their new OL coach.
“Maybe we’re not the biggest idiot on the football block,” Shad said. “When his option was picked up, it was like, ‘What are these guys smoking?’”
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk, citing a league source, reports that there’s a “real concern” that Raiders QB Derek Carr won’t be able to put up with Jon Gruden’s style for very long if Gruden is hired as the team’s next head coach as many expect.
- Florio mentions that Gruden will “ride him and needle him and yell at him and criticize him and ride him some more” and Carr will have to learn how to deal with this of the relationship won’t last.
- Florio adds that based on the way Carr is wired, he may not make it with Gruden in charge.
- Rich Gannon tells 95.7 The Game (per Matt Kawahara) that he’ll wait for Gruden to “take the job and get to Oakland … And then at that point I think it’d be an appropriate time, if in fact he has interest in me being a part of it, to sit down and have a conversation.“