AFC Notes: Broncos, Jets, Patriots
- Mike Klis of 9 News runs through several free agents that could make sense for the Broncos at a number of positions including right tackle, cornerback, 3-4 defensive end, wide receiver and inside linebacker.
- According to Ben Volin, the Broncos could make a run at signing Patriots LT Nate Solder in free agency, but it’s more likely they’ll address the position in the draft.
- Volin confirms that the Broncos are likely to target Case Keenum if they end up missing out on Cousins.
- Mike Reiss writes that one of the reasons for the Patriots acquiring DT Danny Shelton in a trade with the Browns on Saturday is that the Eagles had little fear of anyone in their defensive front entering the Super Bowl. Reiss believes Shelton gives them a potential blue-chip player to fit in their defensive scheme, who should be able to help shore up their run defense.
- According to Reiss, the Patriots are still hoping to have WR Danny Amendola back for the 2018 season, but it’s still unlikely they’ll move too far from the price they determined for him.
- Reiss mentions Titans LB Avery Williamson as a free agent to keep an eye on for the Patriots along with Saints S Kenny Vaccaro.
- Patriots TE Dwayne Allen is coming off of a disappointing first year in New England and is owed $4.5 million for the 2018 season. Reiss reports that there’s nothing is imminent one way or the other regarding his status with the team.
- The Patriots will have to decide whether to pick up fifth-year options this year on Shelton, DT Malcom Brown and WR Phillip Dorsett. Reiss expects them to exercise their options on Shelton and Brown with Dorsett being “a long shot.”A league source tells Ben Volin of the Boston Globe that signs are looking good for RB Mike Gillislee and WR Phillip Dorsett getting another shot with the Patriots for the 2018 season.
Tags Allen Robinson avery williamson Case Keenum Danny Amendola Danny Shelton Dwayne Allen Kenny Vaccaro Kirk Cousins Malcolm Butler Malcom Brown Mike Gillislee Nate Solder Phillip Dorsett Ryan Jenson Todd Davis