AFC Notes: Broncos, Jets, Steelers
- Mike Klis of 9 News writes that while Broncos HC Vance Joseph said that the team’s quarterback competition doesn’t begin until training camp, Paxton Lynch may need to begin impressing the coaching staff this week during OTAs if he’s going to win the job.
- Klis considers Trevor Siemian the man to beat for the starting job, as he appears to be picking up Mike McCoy‘s offense a little quicker than Lynch.
- In the end, Klis says he would be surprised if the Broncos didn’t start Siemian.
- Ray Fittipaldo of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette writes that second-round WR JuJu Smith-Schuster could take over the role the Steelers hoped TE Ladarius Green would fill in their offense this year, as long as he gets the playbook down.
- The Steelers didn’t draft a tight end, which Fittipaldo interprets as a clear sign about what they think of Jesse James moving forward.
- For what it’s worth, here’s our list of available free agent tight ends. (NFLTR)
Tags Austin Seferian-Jenkins Bruce Carter Bryce Petty Calvin Pryor Jalin Marshall Jesse James JuJu Smith-Schuster LaDarius Green Marcus Williams Mike McCoy Paxton Lynch Rontez Miles Trevor Siemian Vance Joseph