Home Broncos AFC Notes: Broncos, Patriots, Raiders, Titans
- Albert Breer reports that if the Broncos don’t like the quarterback that’s available to them at No. 5 overall, they’re expected to actively try to trade down from No. 5 overall.
- According to Breer, Notre Dame G Quenton Nelson and Ohio State CB Denzel Ward have both been connected to the Broncos of late.
- Ian Rapoport reports that the Broncos are hosting LSU WR DJ Chark and USC RB Ronald Jones for pre-draft visits Thursday.
- Colorado CB Isaiah Oliver mentioned that he met with the Broncos at the Combine and spoke with team brass at his Pro Day. (Nicki Jhabvala)
- The Broncos hosted Rutgers RB Gus Edwards for a pre-draft visit. (Mike Klis)
- Albert Breer, citing multiple people close to the situation, reports that Patriots owner Robert Kraft was actually the driving force in keeping Josh McDaniels in Foxboro.
- While Bill Belichick and team president Jonathan Kraft were both involved, Breer says it’s his understanding that Kraft was the one who made sure McDaniels wasn’t going anywhere.
- Breer explains that Kraft likely looked around and same a team that could be year-to-year operation if Belichick and Brady retired and he ultimately made a decision to create some stability by keeping McDaniels in the fold.
- The Patriots are hosting Alabama LB Rashaan Evans on Thursday. (Ian Rapoport)
- The Raiders hosted Villanova CB Malik Reaves for a pre-draft visit on Wednesday. (Michael Gehlken)
- The Raiders are also hosting Buffalo OT David Goldsby for an official top-30 visit. (Aaron Wilson)
- Terry McCormick reports that the Titans like Boise State ILB Leighton Vander Esch but aren’t sure he’ll be available to them at No. 25 overall.
- Louisville CB Jaire Alexander visited with the Titans on Wednesday. (Paul Kuharsky)
- Ohio State DE Sam Hubbard is visiting with the Titans on Thursday. (Aaron Wilson)
- The Titans are hosting Washington WR Dante Pettis for a pre-draft visit on Thursday. (Aaron Wilson)