“It’s a minor injury as we know now, moving forward if it’s something different we can discuss it,’’ Joseph said, via ESPN.com. “But right now, nothing’s changed. … The X-rays were negative.’’
- Joseph said that veteran RB Jamaal Charles has officially locked up a roster spot and made the Broncos. (James Palmer)
- While the Patriots lost WR Julian Edelman for the season with a knee injury, Mike Reiss still doesn’t think Austin Carr or Devin Lucien will secure a spot on the 53-man roster.
- Instead, Reiss views both players as more likely to end up on the practice squad.
- Should New England want to add someone to their current group of receivers — Chris Hogan, Brandin Cooks, Danny Amendola, Malcolm Mitchell and Matthew Slater –, it’s more likely to be someone outside the organization.
- Following the release of DE Kony Ealy, Reiss believes undrafted LB/DE Harvey Langi and DL Adam Butler are likely to the two players that benefit most from this move.
Ravens HC John Harbaugh promised reporters after Saturday’s preseason game that Joe Flacco (back) will be ready for the start of the regular season.
“He will be back for the Bengals game, I promise you that,” Harbaugh said, via Jamison Hensley of ESPN.
Harbaugh was asked if Flacco could return to practice on Sunday.
“No,” Harbaugh said. “He’s on schedule, though, I’ll say that.”
As for the possibility that Flacco could return this week, Harbaugh said: “I’m not going to stand up here and answer that question every single day. He will be back for the Bengals game, I promise you that.”