- The Cleveland Browns have CB Jason McCourty (ankle) and DT Larry Ogunjobi (groin) both listed as doubtful for Wek 8’s game against the Vikings.
- Browns S Jabrill Peppers (toe) and DT Trevon Coley (neck) are both listed as questionable for Sunday’s game.
The Dolphins are coming off of an abysmal showing against the Ravens on Thursday in which they were shut out 40-0, and HC Adam Gase made it clear that they need much more from their best players.
“I don’t think it’s retaining information thing. It’s we’re not putting the work in,” Gase said, via Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald. “That’s what it comes down to. If you can’t remember, you shouldn’t be in the NFL. At the end of the day, guys have got to take this stuff home and study it. They’re not going to just learn it all in meetings. We’ve got to find guys to put forth effort and remember this stuff and it starts with our best players.”
Gase didn’t put the blame on their defense or special team’s unit, but instead referred to their offense as a “joke.”
“It’s not on defense. Defense is fine. Special teams we seem to be all right,” Gase said. “Maybe it’s easy. Just run straight and hit somebody. But offensively, it’s a joke. We got too many guys that don’t want to take it home with them. Until our best players put forth some effort, it will be [expletive].
“I’m pissed. I’m tired of this. I’m tired of the offense being awful. Guys better need to get their heads right. Coaching staff needs to do a better job. Obviously, our players not knowing is a direct reflection of them.”
- The Patriots officially ruled out DT Malcom Brown (ankle), CB Eric Rowe (groin), and LB Dont’a Hightower (shoulder) for Week 8’s game on Friday.
- New England lists WR Danny Amendola (knee), CB Stephon Gilmore (concussion/ankle), DT Lawrence Guy (chest), DE Cassius Marsh (shoulder), LB Elandon Roberts (ankle), and OT Marcus Cannon (ankle) all as questionable.
- Patriots WR Danny Amendola (knee) said he’ll play on Sunday. (Jeff Howe)
- The Oakland Raiders officially ruled out CB Gareon Conley (shin) and CB David Amerson (foot) for Week 8’s game against the Bills.
- The Raiders also have S Karl Joseph (groin) listed doubtful and LB Cory James, LB Marquel Lee, LB Nicholas Morrow, OT Marshall Newhouse and P Marquette King all as questionable.