- Browns RB Isaiah Crowell admitted that he’s always thinking about getting paid “during the game, after the game, before the game, right now, all the time.’‘ (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Crowell said he spoke to HC Hue Jackson after last weekend’s game about the lack of carries he’s received and Jackson said he wants to get him the ball more moving forward. (Scott Petrak)
Dolphins HC Adam Gase wouldn’t offer any details about how they plan to handle the situation involving veteran LB Lawrence Timmons, who has been suspended by the team indefinitely after he disappeared before Sunday’s game.
Gase did say that “everything dealing with that we’re going to keep in house and handle it the way we feel we need to handle it.”
Although, Gase did say that players can be forgiven based on the steps they take moving forward.
“I think every situation is different,” Gase said, via the Miami Herald. “And I would say you can be forgiven if the right steps are taken.”
- Tom Pelissero reports that the new contract signed by Raiders LT Donald Penn does not include a raise from the $6.4 million he was due to make in 2017.
- Although, Penn did secure $3 million guarantees in 2018 in exchange for two more years added to his contract.
- According to Aaron Wilson, the Texans signed veteran OL Jah Reid to a one-year deal worth the veteran minimum of $775,000.
- Reid will make a total of $683,824 for remaining 14 games this season, but there’s no minimum salary benefit included in the deal.