Home Browns AFC Notes: Browns, Jaguars, Ravens, Steelers
- The Browns officially named Baker Mayfield their starting quarterback on Monday, as expected. (NFLTR)
- Mayfield said Monday: “It comes with the territory. That’s what I signed up for. I’m living my dream and I wouldn’t have it any other way. Without pressure, I don’t think this would be very much fun. Without all the people watching and finding the joy in this game, I love this game, and without the competitive nature I wouldn’t enjoy it.” (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Browns HC Hue Jackson was asked about Tyrod Taylor‘s future with the team: “He’s not going anywhere… Tyrod’s going to be needed. He’s the backup quarterback on this team if he’s healthy.” (Nate Ulrich)
- Ravens HC John Harbaugh said that rookie TE Hayden Hurst (foot) could return to practice this week.
- However, Harbaugh was less optimistic on DT Willie Henry returning to practice this week.
- Harbaugh said that LB C.J. Mosley and DL Michael Pierce were close to playing on Sunday, so they should have a good chance to return in Week 4. (Jeff Zrebiec)
- Ian Rapoport confirms that the Steelers have received inquiries from prospective teams about a potential trade for franchise RB Le’Veon Bell.
- However, Rapoport says that trade talks involving Bell are likely to heat up as the trade deadline gets closer.
- The Jets have reportedly expressed trade interest Bell. (NFLTR)