“Ward being out there is because he’s earning it,” Jackson said, via Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com. “He’s working at it. He plays a position that we’ve been needing a guy to step up. We see him improving each and every day and doing the things that we’re asking. He needs to continue to do that to continue to be out there but we know he’s very talented. That’s why we drafted him. He’s displayed that since he’s been here.”
- Mayfield was asked about working with WR Josh Gordon: “I’ve never seen anybody like him, bar none. He’s definitely gifted.” (Cleveland Plain Dealer)Jackson said that DE Chad Thomas is dealing with a groin injury. (Nate Ulrich)
- Field Yates reports that LB Mychal Kendricks receives a $500,000 signing bonus and a $1.4 million base salary as part of his one-year deal worth up to $3.5 million.
- Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports that Jets OLB Jordan Jenkins is dealing with a shoulder injury that has kept him out of OTAs.
- According to Mehta, Jenkins did some “light work” during Tuesday’s practice but did not participate in any team drills.
- Jets HC Todd Bowles was unsure of whether Jenkins will be ready for the start of training camp in July: “We’ll see.”
- Bowles added that he does not think his shoulder injury is considered long term.
“He feels really good,” Weaver said, via ESPN.com. “In talking to him this morning, he feels great. He’s building his strength back. His plan is obviously [to] be out there at training camp at full strength.
“He’s recently — and I’m talking about the past few weeks — it’s the best he’s felt. He’s very confident.”