Raiders HC Jon Gruden, who is set to play the Browns in Week 4, believes rookie QB Baker Mayfield has the “it factor” and ability to be “great.”
“The guy’s got the ‘it’ factor,” Gruden said, via Nate Ulrich. “He’s got the charisma. He’s got the competitiveness. He’s got the feel. He’s got the ability to be great, I think.”
Browns HC Hue Jackson said he took the team to Oakland Coliseum on Saturday to practice on the Raiders’ dirt field.
“You better know the dirt,” Jackson said. “You can slip if you have not been on it before.”
- The Patriots’ cap space has diminished down to $1.17 million on Saturday following LB Shea McClellin filing for injury protection after announcing his retirement. (Ben Volin)
- McLellin was awarded $1.075 million after filing for injury protection, which entitled him to 50 percent of their 2018 base salary.
- Patriots released WR Corey Coleman from their practice squad. (NFLTR)
- Jim Wyatt of the Titans’ official site writes that OT Jack Conklin is expected to play for the first time this season in Week 4, while Wyatt expects Tennessee to take more chances on downfield passes with QB Marcus Mariota starting.
- Regarding Mariota’s elbow injury, Wyatt notes that the injury prevented Mariota from throwing long passes in Week 3. However, the quarterback is now completely recovered and has a “wider range” of plays he could perform.
- Wyatt could see the Titans using Derrick Henry and Dion Lewis in two-running back packages.
- Wyatt believes Titans TE Jonnu Smith will be a larger part of the offense with Conklin’s return.