- Browns GM John Dorsey said Wednesday that “we won’t need a search firm’‘ for their coaching search. (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Dorsey believes it will be a “very attractive” job after the season: “This job is very attractive. Any future coach, he understands the fans base, which is unbelievable.” He also cited cap space, 11 draft picks, ownership, and their support staff as some attractive aspects. (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Dorsey confirmed that interim HC Gregg Williams will get an interview for the position: “I think he deserves that.” (Nate Ulrich)
- Regarding whether he’s second-guessing the Josh Gordon trade, Dorsey said: “I’m fine with the trade.” (Nate Ulrich)
Texans HC Bill O’Brien mentioned that they expect to “make a lot of strides” with newly acquired WR Demaryius Thomas and get him more involved in the coming weeks.
“We’ve got to be able to use him more, even more than we did,” O’Brien said, via the Houston Chronicle. “He had three catches. I think they were all basically almost on the first or second drive of the game. He’s a very smart guy, excellent pro. He was in here last week, meeting extra on Thursday, Friday, trying to get some more of the offense down. Go out there [Monday], have a lot of plays we ran in practice, knew where to line up, change his position, change his identity by personnel, knew what to do. I think we’re going to make a lot of strides with him from week to week.”
- Titans TE Delanie Walker (injured reserve, ankle) said Wednesday that he would like to get healthy enough and return later on this season if the team makes the playoffs. (Terry McCormick)
- Walker mentioned that he had two titanium rods placed in his right leg during surgery.