- The Chargers worked out LB Jonathan Celestin, LB Tre’von Johnson, P Donnie Jones (signed to active roster), P Shane Tripucka, and LS Taybor Pepper this week. (Howard Balzer)
Raiders CB Daryl Worley, who just completed a four-game suspension, believes that the defense needs to show “more effort” going forward.
“We need to have more effort. That’s all around, all 11 guys, whoever it is out there on the field no matter who it may be. We need to fly around like we were in training camp on defense,” said Michael Wagaman.
- Raiders HC Jon Gruden told reporters on Tuesday that he “wanted” to select Chargers S Derwin James in the 2018 NFL Draft, but the team “unfortunately” took 2016 first-round pick S Karl Joseph and 2017 second-round S Obi Melifonwu. (Eric Williams)
- Texans OT Seantrel Henderson said season-ending broken ankle is “tough, but I’m dealing with it.” (Aaron Wilson)
- Henderson added that he loves it in Houston and would like to re-sign with the Texans next year.
- Texans waived OT Roderick Johnson. (NFLTR)
- Titans QB Blaine Gabbert has officially cleared the league’s concussion protocol and practiced for the second straight day.
- Titans worked out four free agent offensive linemen. (NFLTR)