- While Adam Teicher of ESPN could see QB Alex Smith being with the Chiefs for “a lot” of years, Kansas City could become “restless” if he doesn’t turn out a “big season” in 2015.
- CB Marcus Cooper now has a “much better” shot at making the active roster with the three-game suspension of CB Sean Smith.
- Teicher expects the Chiefs to field at least five cornerbacks on the roster. Cooper, Phillip Gaines, Jamell Fleming, Marcus Peters and Steven Nelson will likely be the five at this point in time, with one being cut upon the return of Smith.
- Sixth-round rookie DL Rakeem Nunez-Roches is a possible player to spell Dontari Poe to give him some rest in game.
- Mike Wells of ESPN believes the Colts would have already signed free agent G Evan Mathis if they had any interest in him.
- Though the Colts are “high” on third-round rookie DB D’Joun Smith and fourth-round rookie DB Clayton Geathers, Hensley thinks that both players are “unlikely” to have starting spots at any point this season.
- Mike DiRocco of ESPN writes that “it sure looks” like WR Justin Blackmon is “done” with the Jaguars, since he has yet to apply for reinstatment from suspension and has had “minimal” contact with Jacksonville.
- DiRocco will view the Jaguars’ offensive line as a “negative” until OT Luke Joeckel and G Zane Beadles can show they have improved “significantly.”
- DiRocco expects WR Marqise Lee to start over WR Allen Hurns for the No. 2 role, if he can remain healthy.
- DiRocco could see second-round rookie RB T.J. Yeldon being an “impact” player for the Jaguars’ offense, but that ultimately be determined with the performance of the offensive line.
- According to Jamison Hensley of ESPN, first-round rookie WR Breshad Perriman will likely start over Kamar Aiken and Marlon Brown for the No. 2 receiver role.
- Hensley believes Aiken could have a breakout year, if he can beat out Perriman for the No. 2 spot.
- Hensley could only see the Ravens making free agent additions if players are under performing or get injured.