- The Kansas City Chiefs have S Eric Berry (heel) listed as doubtful for Week 5’s game against the Jaguars and OLB Dee Ford (groin), WR Sammy Watkins (hamstring) and S Armani Watts (groin) as questionable.
“These guys are playing the way we want them to as far as the play count compared to what we’re getting,” Gase said, via the Miami Herald. “We’re just not getting enough plays. [Drake’s] snaps should be anywhere from 35 to 40 snaps a game between him and Frank splitting that stuff. But we’re getting 20 to 23 snaps in the game because we’re just not having enough plays in the game.”
- The Miami Dolphins officially ruled out TE A.J. Derby (foot), QB Luke Falk (left wrist), and CB Bobby McCain (knee) for Week 5’s game against the Bengals and list DE Cameron Wake (knee) as doubtful.
- The Dolphins have a number of players listed as questionable including LB Chase Allen (foot), LB Stephone Anthony (hamstring), RB Brandon Bolden (hamstring), DE Andre Branch (knee), S Reshad Jones (shoulder), S T.J. McDonald (foot), and WR DeVante Parker (quadricep).
Jets WR Terrelle Pryor admitted that he’s “frustrated” with his diminished role in the team’s offense.
“It’s kind of nerve-racking. I don’t like it,” Pryor told Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News. “It is what it is, though. You get frustrated, you know? You don’t go out there and make plays. I’ve shown when the ball comes to me, I make plays. I’m a big play waiting to happen.”
“I’m ready to explode,” Pryor added. “So, whenever I get the chance and opportunity to get more than two targets or whatever, I’ll show you guys what I can do. Until then, there ain’t much I can do other than be a good teammate and be a good role model.”
- Jets HC Todd Bowles announced Friday that defensive coordinator Kacy Rodgers is dealing with a “serious” illness and it’s unclear if he will coach Sunday. (Darryl Slater)
- The New York Jets officially ruled out CB Trumaine Johnson (quad), TE Neal Sterling (concussion), and WR Charone Peake (hamstring) and have S Marcus Maye (ankle/foot) listed as questionable for Week 5.
- Raiders HC Jon Gruden said of the possibility of limiting RB Marshawn Lynch’s workload: “He’s been durable his career. We’ll just keep feeding him Skittles and keep sending him out there as long as he can.” (Michael Gehlken)
- The Raiders officially ruled out S Karl Joseph (hamstring) on Friday and list G Kelechi Osemele (knee) as questionable for Week 5.