Home / Chiefs / AFC Notes: Chiefs, Patriots, Ravens
AFC Notes: Chiefs, Patriots, Ravens
- Sources close to the situation have told Mike Reiss that the decision to bench CB Malcolm Butler was a “pure football decision.“
- According to Reiss, the odds seem higher that TE Rob Gronkowski will be back next season, as opposed to him retiring from the NFL.
- However, a source close to Gronkowski said he wasn’t surprised that the idea of an early retirement had possibly crossed his mind.
- During the Super Bowl, WR Brandin Cooks suffered a concussion that ended his night. Sources close to Cooks have told Reiss that he’s responded well over the last week.
- Nick Korte of OverTheCap.com projects the Patriots to receive a fourth-round compensatory pick for losing DE Jabaal Sheard in free agency last year.
- Ravens defensive backs Tony Jefferson and Marlon Humphrey showed some love for QB Johnny Manziel on Instagram recently with Humphrey saying: “Tell him to come to the Ravens!“
- However, Jamison Hensley writes that the Ravens are unlikely to even consider signing Manizel, considering his prior off-the-field issues and the domestic violence incident involving his ex-girlfriend.
- Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti has said that they won’t be signing anyone with a domestic violence history.
- Baltimore is in need of a backup quarterback, given that Ryan Mallett will be a free agent next month.
Tags Allen Bailey Bennie Logan Brandin Cooks Daniel Sorensen Derrick Johnson Frank Zombo Jabaal Sheard Johnny Manziel Malcolm Butler Marlon Humphrey Rob Gronkowski Ron Parker Ryan Mallett Steve Bisciotti tamba hali Tony Jefferson