- Sources close to the situation have told Mike Reiss that the decision to bench CB Malcolm Butler was a “pure football decision.“
- According to Reiss, the odds seem higher that TE Rob Gronkowski will be back next season, as opposed to him retiring from the NFL.
- However, a source close to Gronkowski said he wasn’t surprised that the idea of an early retirement had possibly crossed his mind.
- During the Super Bowl, WR Brandin Cooks suffered a concussion that ended his night. Sources close to Cooks have told Reiss that he’s responded well over the last week.
- Nick Korte of OverTheCap.com projects the Patriots to receive a fourth-round compensatory pick for losing DE Jabaal Sheard in free agency last year.
- Ravens defensive backs Tony Jefferson and Marlon Humphrey showed some love for QB Johnny Manziel on Instagram recently with Humphrey saying: “Tell him to come to the Ravens!“
- However, Jamison Hensley writes that the Ravens are unlikely to even consider signing Manizel, considering his prior off-the-field issues and the domestic violence incident involving his ex-girlfriend.
- Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti has said that they won’t be signing anyone with a domestic violence history.
- Baltimore is in need of a backup quarterback, given that Ryan Mallett will be a free agent next month.