Home / Colts / AFC Notes: Colts, Dolphins, Raiders, & Titans
AFC Notes: Colts, Dolphins, Raiders, & Titans
- Mike Wells mentions that while Colts GM Ryan Grigson is always looking to make roster moves, “all the heavy lifting with the roster is complete.”
- Wells adds that any roster moves between now and the start of training camp will be minor.
- Wells considers Daniel Herron and Josh Robinson to be the top-two candidates to be Frank Gore‘s the primary backup this season.
- James Walker writes that veteran CB Zack Bowman will likely be on the roster bubble this summer as he competes for playing time with Jamar Taylor, Brice McCain, Will Davis and rookie Bobby McCain.
- Walker considers Bowman’s odds of making the 53-man roster to be 50 percent at this point in time.
- Bill Williamson writes that if Michael Crabtree can show his lower-leg injuries haven’t robbed his explosion and he’s able to put together a big season, he could be in line for a decent contract as a free agent next year.
- Williamson expects the Raiders to consider upgrades everywhere before the start of the season, but it appears as though they’re comfortable with their current group of guards heading into training camp.
- Paul Kuharsky’s best guess as the Titans’ starting offensive line is: Taylor Lewan (LT), Andy Levitre (LG), Brian Schwenke (C), Chance Warmack (RG) and Byron Bell (RT).
- Kuharsky adds that Jamon Meredith has a chance to push Levitre for the starting left guard job.
- In regards to Marcus Mariota’s contract dispute about the inclusion of offset language, Kuharsky writes that GM Ruston Webster needs to get this figured out, even if it requires him caving in.
Tags Andy Levitre Bobby McCain Brian Schwenke Brice McCain Byron Bell Chance Warmack Daniel Herron Frank Gore Jamar Taylor Jamon Meredith Josh Robinson Marcus Mariota Michael Crabtree Taylor Lewan Will Davis Zack Bowman