- Colts RB Marlon Mack (hamstring) said there’s no guarantee he returns for Week 2’s game: “Up to the trainers and coaches.” (Zak Keefer)
- Colts LT Anthony Castonzo did not practice on Thursday, despite optimism he could return this weekend. Zak Keefer says this is a “very ominous sign” for his Week 2 status.
- Colts promoted DT Jihad Ward to their active roster. (NFLTR)
- Colts waived TE Erik Swoope.
- Colts signed OT Will Holden to their practice squad. (NFLTR)
- Colt released RB Jeremy McNichols from their practice squad.
“We’re going to give it some time and see where we are when it’s time to started testing it,” said Marron, via John Oehser.
Marron added that he would be comfortable playing Fournette on Sunday even if he is unable to practice this week.
“If it was a rookie, maybe … depending on the situation or position or things of that nature I might not be as comfortable,” said Marrone, via Oesher.
- Fournette said he’ll likely be a game-time decision on Sunday: “I started running on it today (he didn’t practice). It feels good. So that’s progress. We’ll see. It’s a game-time decision… I like my chances more and more as the day has gone on.” (Jeff Darlington)
- Fournette confirmed that he “most definitely” could play Sunday even if he doesn’t practice this week. (Jeff Darlington)
- Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger (elbow) missed his second straight practice on Thursday.
- When asked if he’s hopeful Roethlisberger will practice on Friday, Steelers OC Randy Fichtner said: “We’ll see how I feel tomorrow.” (Jeremy Fowler)
- Fichtner did, however, add that he would like to think Josh Dobbs is ready to play if needed.