- Stephen Holder of the Indianapolis Star writes that the coming changes to the Colts’ defensive scheme could lead to them strongly considering N.C. State DE Bradley Chubb at No. 3 overall.
- Holder expects Jabaal Sheard to move from outside linebacker to defensive end and John Simon to play 4-3 strongside linebacker.
- Sources have told Holder that the Colts have already formulated a plan to address their defensive personnel this offseason to fit the new scheme.
- While not surprising, Rich Cimini says that Jets WR Robby Anderson won’t get a long-term extension from the Jets “anytime soon, if ever.“
- Cimini writes that he would be surprised if Jets GM Mike Maccagnan went all-in to sign WR Jarvis Landry in free agency.
- Instead, Cimini believes Jaguars free agent Allen Robinson would be a better fit for the Jets, even though he’s coming off of an ACL tear.
- Interestingly enough, if the Jets are able to sign a No. 1 receiver this offseason, Cimini mentions that they would probably look to unload Jermaine Kerse.
Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald takes a look at some moves the Patriots could make this offseason to pick up some cap room.
Some of the roster cuts suggested by Howe include: