- According to Albert Breer, the Dolphins are “trying to hire” Lions DL coach Kris Kocurek after receiving permission to interview him.
- Breer notes that Kocurek coached Dolphins DT Ndamukong Suh for five years in Detroit.
Jaguars WR Allen Robinson mentioned that his rehab from a torn ACL is “coming along smoothly” but he’s still about “halfway” in his recovery.
“It’s coming along smoothly,” Robinson said, via Jaguars.com. “It’s patience with everything. I wish I could just wake up tomorrow and feel like I did Sept. 9, but I understand it’s going to be a process to get back to that standpoint. I know I’ll be back to that point and better; that’s something that I definitely know.
“It’s just a process, but I’m on my way. I’m probably about halfway there, so I’ve got to continue to get better.”
Robinson did, however, say that he should be back to 100 percent health “relatively soon.”
“Everybody knows the plays I’m capable of making and being 24 years old, I’m expected to make a 100 percent recovery,” he said, per the Florida Times-Union. “I know I’ll be at 100 percent relatively soon.”
Interestingly enough, Robinson said he’s taken note of the four-year, $58 million contract that included $18 million guaranteed recently signed by Packers WR Davante Adams.
“I would say it definitely (got my attention),” Robinson said of Adams’ deal.
We have him featured in our Top 100 – 2018 NFL Free Agents list.
- Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports that the Jets assistant DBs coach Daylon McCutcheon has decided to leave the team in order to be closer to his family on the West Coast.
- According to John McClain, Texans assistant DBs coach Anthony Midget interviewed for the Bears’ DBs coach job on Monday to replace John Butler.
- Aaron Wilson reports that the Texans have fired director of football operations Jason Lowrey.