Dolphins HC Adam Gase said that they aren’t handing first-round OL Laremy Tunsil a starting job based on his draft status.
“That’s how we’re rolling. You have to earn your spot,” Gase said, via Andrew Abramson of the Palm Beach Post. “I don’t think you’ve really seen anybody get plugged in and get anointed anything. Everybody is battling. That’s what we want. We want competition and we want guys to earn their spots.”
“I hope something gets worked out, one way or the other, so we cannot have distractions going into training camp,” Decker said Thursday during an interview with Sirius XM NFL Radio. “I think for any team to have success, you have to have some kind of direction. And, with training camp, that’s where you get the timing, that’s where where you kind of build the team and build your identity. And if it’s still in question marks and you don’t know what’s going on, you’re going to create some kind of issues that we don’t need to have.”
- Vincent Bonsignore reports that the politics between MGM and Sandy Adelson will play a “key part” in a stadium deal for the Raiders to relocate to Las Vegas.
- Bonsignore refers to the situation as a “chess game” and expects there to be a tug or war in regards to the public money being contributed to the project.
- Bonsignore would be surprised if there there is a recommendation today, but sources have told him that a decision should come by August.
- According to Bonsignore, sources mentioned that the public contribution for the project being floated around last night is close to $500 million.
- Developers are reportedly seeking $750 million for the project, but it sounds like the public contribution could be much less, per Bonsignore.