- The Dolphins are hiring Renaldo Hill as their assistant defensive backs coach, according to Armando Salguero.
Thursday night, a report surfaced from the Boston Herald that Patriots QB Tom Brady is “ready to sit out all of this year’s offseason organized team activities unless he receives a contract extension that carries with it up-front money similar to what his former protege, Jimmy Garoppolo, will receive from the San Francisco 49ers.”
However, the report was quickly refuted by multiple outlets and Friday morning the Boston Herald elected to take down the article.
The reporter was apparently duped by someone pretending to be Brady’s agent, Don Yee.
- A rumor surfaced online Thursday that Raiders RB Marshawn Lynch did not show up for a scheduled meeting with new HC Jon Gruden and could be released as a result.
- However, Lynch’s agent, Doug Hendrickson refuted this by tweeting: “To all the couch potato non-verified media ppl speaking on Marshawn Lynch-get a real job and check sources!“
- Sarah Barshop of ESPN writes that Patriots free agent CB Malcolm Butler would be “ideal target” for the Texans this offseason, even though he’s likely to command a high salary.
- Barshop points out that while Houston has several positions in need of an upgrade this offseason, addressing their secondary could very well be the most important.
- The Texans should have around $56 million of cap space to work with this offseason.
- We have him featured in our Top 100 – 2018 NFL Free Agents list.