“It depends on which one of those guys wins the No. 2 job. But those guys wouldn’t be on the roster if I wasn’t,” Gase said, per Joe Schad of the Palm Beach Post. “I am comfortable. I am comfortable with the two guys. Between David and Brock, I am comfortable. And if I wasn’t, then I would have somebody else here.”
“There is a lot of confidence as far as the guys that we have here right now,” Gase said. “We did a good job as far as lining up what we thought was the quarterback rankings. We felt that those guys were going to go before 11. And we knew that was probably going to be the case. And we felt good about what we have with Ryan starting and then Brock and David competing for that number two spot. And now adding Bryce (Petty), that’s going to be an interesting competition because really we’ll see how it all works out for us.”
Gase added that he doesn’t feel pressure to sign another quarterback.
- The Dolphins signed North Carolina State CB Johnathan Alston.
- Albert Breer wouldn’t be surprised if the Patriots and TE Rob Gronkowski waited until May 24 to get a restructured contract finalized.
- Breer mentions that this happens to be the one-year anniversary of Gronk’s last restructure.
- ESPN’s Mike Reiss reports that Patriots G Joe Thuney is preparing for an upcoming foot surgery. However, this surgery isn’t expected to impact his availability for the start of the season.
- Field Yates reports that former Arkansas HC Bret Bielema will continue to work for the Patriots and should be involved with coaching duties as the team begins its rookie minicamp on Friday.
- Texans are hiring C.J. Leak as their assistant director of pro scouting. (Mark Berman)
- Texans signed third-round S Justin Reid, third-round TE Jordan Akins, third-round OL Martinas Rankin, fourth-round WR Keke Coutee, sixth-round TE Jordan Thomas, sixth-round DE Duke Ejiofor, and seventh-round CB Jermaine Kelly to four-year contracts. (NFLTR)