According to Ian Rapoport, Texans DL J.J. Watt underwent successful surgery today to repair his tibial plateau fracture. Rapoport adds that the good news for Watt is that he has no ligament damage in his knee, but will still face a long recovery period.
Watt tweeted Monday: “I can’t sugarcoat it. I am devastated. All I want to do is be out there on that field for my teammates and this city. I’m sorry.”
- According to Ian Rapoport, Bengals WR Tyler Boyd was diagnosed with a sprained MCL on Sunday and is expected to miss a few weeks.
Browns HC Hue Jackson told reporters on Monday that he plans to “take some time” before deciding whether to start DeShone Kizer or Kevin Hogan for their Week 6 matchup against the Texans. Although, Jackson did say that he would have a decision by Wednesday.
“I’ll do what’s best for the team and what’s best for DeShone,” Jackson said, via Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
- Jeff Zrebiec reports that an MRI taken on Ravens G Matt Skura‘s right knee revealed he has an MCL sprain and will likely be sidelined two-to-four weeks.
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk points out that if Texans LT Duane Brown wants to accrue another season toward free agency, he’ll need to end his holdout and report to the team in time for their Week 9 game.
- A source with knowledge of the situation tells Florio that the Texans want to keep Brown on the team.
- Although should a team offer Houston an “appropriate offer” for Brown, Florio believes they’d potentially consider moving him in a deal.
- One issue with a trade is that any team parting with draft compensation for Brown would likely want to sign him to a new contract.