Cody Kessler made his Jaguars’ debut on Sunday and while the team came away with a win, he says he plans to be better next week after totaling just 150 passing yards while completing 8-of-24 attempts.
“Obviously it wasn’t pretty and there’s a lot I left out there, but at the end of the day it feels good,” Kessler said, via Florida Times-Union. “Especially for me to get the first one. Obviously here it’s special for me, but as a starter to get that first one, our defense played great today and just overall as a team.”
- Jaguars DL Abry Jones (shin contusion) has a walking boot and was seen crutches in the locker room Monday. (Daniel Popper)
Jets HC Todd Bowles said after Sunday’s loss to the Titans that he was “fuming” after the game for the “dumb mistakes” they made.
“I don’t know how many [penalties] we had, but it felt like we had one every play,” Bowles said, via Rich Cimini of ESPN. “It cost us, and it’s disgusting. . .
“We played the same way the whole day, and just dumb mistakes at dumb times cost us ballgames. That’s why we’re in the position we’re in.”
When asked what his message was to players afterward, Bowles said: “Pissed off. Frustrated. Look in the mirror, just look in the mirror. We won’t be a good football team until we’re a smart football team.”
- Bowles said he’ll monitor QB Sam Darnold in practice this week before determining whether he’s ready to play in Week 14. (Manish Mehta)
- Titans HC Mike Vrabel said Monday that he hopes that G Quinton Spain respects the decision to bench him last weekend. (Terry McCormick)
- Vrabel explained that he felt that a change at left guard “needed to be done at that time” and wanted to see Corey Levin at center and if “Ben Jones looked like a left guard.” (Terry McCormick)
- Titans signed RB Jeremy McNichols off of the Broncos’ practice squad. (NFLTR)
- Titans waived RB Dalyn Dawkins.
- Titans signed CB Kenneth Durden to their practice squad.
- Titans released OL Jordan Morgan from their practice squad.