- Michael DiRocco of ESPN writes that if Jaguars QB Blake Bortles continues to struggle this season, it’s possible Jacksonville could bench him to avoid the chance of him getting hurt, which would cost them roughly $20 million for the 2018 season. From there, the Jaguars could waive Bortles next year without owing him any money.
- DiRocco says that Bortles will need to fix his turnover issues, considering that no quarterback has turned the ball over more than him, or he’ll be playing for a new team next year.
- Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun writes that the Ravens are content at this point with their receiving corps, but he doesn’t want to rule out the possibility of them bringing back veteran Anquan Boldin if things change.
- As for free agent C Nick Mangold, Zrebiec says he’s still an option for the Ravens, but his asking price is believed to be “extremely high” and he’s coming off of an ankle injury.
- If the Ravens wanted to add some depth at offensive tackle, Zrebiec suggests free agents Ryan Clady, Orlando Franklin and Austin Pasztor.
- We have all of these players featured in our Top 50 Available Free Agents list.
Titans HC Mike Mularkey sounds excited about the different dimension rookie RB Khalfani Muhammad brings to their offense.
“Khalfani really had a good workout when Jon and I went out there,” Mularkey said, via the Jason Wolf of Tennessean. “I mean a really good workout. And that speed, it’s just a different changeup from what we have in our other two backs. Plus again you’re talking about another guy who has return ability … so he brings a lot of value.”
Muhammad will still need to earn a roster spot this summer, but he says he’s looking forward to contributing on special teams, which could go a long way toward him making the team.
“Most definitely I’m looking forward to special teams just in general,” Muhammad said. “Special teams, that’s something that impacts the game. It’s very crucial in the game, so going out there and being electrifying and making a play and sparking up the team, that’s something special and I can’t wait.”