- Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports that Jets HC Todd Bowles will take back some of the play-calling duties from DC Kacy Rodgers.
- According to Mehta, Bowles specifically plans to call the defensive plays in two-minute/hurry-up situations to improve the communication flow before the snap.
- Mehta says there’s a feeling inside the building that Bowles’ expertise will help rectify some of the defensive issues that have plagued them this season.
- Jets placed WR ArDarius Stewart on the practice squad injured list. (NFLTR)
- Jets signed WR Deontay Burnett to their practice squad.
Raiders HC Jon Gruden explained that QB Derek Carr appears to be “trying too hard” at times.
“I thought we were too aggressive,” Gruden said, via NBC Sports Bay Area. “I think at times he is trying too hard. We will talk about that extensively here in the next couple of hours, but I thought he played really good under some very tough circumstances. I think sometimes he needs to learn a little bit more patience, and I think he will. I’m really excited about the way he has played and improved and mastered this offense. We are getting closer. That was a painful turnover. We will address that, and we will make the corrections.”
- Terry McCormick reports that the Titans inquired about free agent backup QB Matt Moore, but he decided to stay put at this time.
- Titans signed QB Austin Davis. (NFLTR)
- Titans placed OL Kevin Pamphile on injured reserve.
- Titans signed WR Kalif Raymond and OL Ian Silberman to their practice squad.
- Titans released QB Logan Woodside and DL Deon Simon from their practice squad.