“As far as I know, all of that is the furthest thing from the truth,” McCourty told Ryan Dunleavy of NJ.com. “We all knew he wasn’t starting all week. That wasn’t a secret to the guys on the team.
“I get why people are fishing. The guy played 98 percent of the plays. I just hate that for him character-wise going into free agency. It’s just not true. As far as I know — and I was there all week — not one time did anything come up.”
However, Josina Anderson reports that not all of the Patriots players knew Butler wasn’t starting.
“I definitely didn’t know that,” one Pats player told Anderson.
- While there’s no update regarding a long-term extension for Raiders LB Khalil Mack, Scott Bair expects a deal to get done this offseason.
- According to Bair, “there’s zero chance edge rusher Khalil Mack will walk out the front door.”
- Bair says there are some positive signs that the Raiders and LB NaVorro Bowman could be open to a reunion, but even if he returns to Oakland, it wouldn’t impact Raiders draft strategy.
- While there has been some speculation that the Raiders could move on from TE Jared Cook this offseason, Bair points out that this would be a surprising move that could create another roster hole for the team to address this offseason.
- Mike Klis reports that Broncos assistant strength coach Mike Eubanks is joining Luke Richesson with the Texans.
- According to Klis, former Broncos/Bears assistant strength coach Jason George is also joining Richesson’s staff in Houston.