Bills GM Brandon Beane said Monday that RB LeSean McCoy will be back with the team in 2019.
“LeSean will come back in 2019 and we’ll go from there,” Beane said, per Mike Rodak.
- King says that while Gregg Williams will interview for the job, “it doesn’t look like he’ll be a serious candidate.“
- King expects Josh McDaniels and Lincoln Riley to be vetted by the Browns.
- Browns GM John Dorsey told reporters on Monday that he would like to re-sign LT Greg Robinson and WR Breshad Perriman, who are scheduled to become free agents. (Scott Petrak)
- Barry Jackson reports that Dolphins executive Chris Grier will control of the 53-man roster and this authority will no longer be given to the head coach.
- As for Mike Tannenbaum, Jackson says he will no longer have any role in football operations.
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk reports that Dolphins owner Stephen Ross may have decided to fire HC Adam Gase after the coach asked for clarity regarding his status with the team, given that he’ll have other options available to him.
- If Gase is hired by another team, the amount the Dolphins owe him will be reduced by his new contract.
- Florio adds that it was believed Ross planned to keep Gase in place while determining whether he had a chance to land a notable head coach such as Ravens HC John Harbaugh.
According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Steelers WR Antonio Brown did not play in the team’s Week 17 game because he elected to sit out practice last week after an unspecified dispute with a teammate.
Several sources tell the Post-Gazette that the decision to Brown had nothing to do with his reported knee injury.
As for the incident, a disagreement reportedly occurred Wednesday during a routine walk-through practice. The report says Brown became disgusted and threw a football in anger at one of his teammates.
From there, Brown made the decision to not practice with his teammates. Brown did, however, show up on Sunday expecting to play against the Bengals.
A Steelers’ player tells the Post-Gazette that the situation was “embarrassing” and “the worst I’ve seen.”