Mike Klis of 9 News takes a look at the available quarterback options for the Broncos and separates them into Groups A, B and C.
- Klis lists the Group A quarterbacks as: 1) Drew Brees, 2) Kirk Cousins, 3) Case Keenum.
- In Group B, Klis has: 1) A.J. McCarron, 2) Teddy Bridgewater, 3) Tyrod Taylor, 4) Jay Cutler.
- Klis also has Nick Foles as an in-between (AB) option.
- Group C consists of: 1) Sam Bradford, 2) Josh McCown.
- While recent reports have said that Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders are likely to be back with the Broncos, Jason La Canfora writes that rival execs would not be surprised at all if one of them is dealt in the coming weeks.
- La Canfora says that veteran CB Aqib Talib “is gone” and it’s possible that Paxton Lynch could be out, depending on what they do at quarterback.
- La Canfora says that his money is on the Broncos adding a “bridge” quarterback like Tyrod Taylor or A.J. McCarron than signing Cousins.
- According to Rich Cimini, the Jets are expected to make a “serious run” at signing QB Kirk Cousins in free agency.
- Cimini points out that the Jets can add another $18.7 million in cap space on top of the $73 million they’re projected to have just by releasing DL Muhammad Wilkerson ($11 million savings), RB Matt Forte ($3 million) and OT Ben Ijalana ($4.7 million).
- Cimini projects the cost of re-signing CB Morris Claiborne, LB Demario Davis and TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins to eat up between $16 million to $20 million of their cap room.
- Beyond that, tendering restricted WR Quincy Enunwa would run them another $3 million or so.
- According to Jason La Canfora, Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski will almost surely get paid before the start of the 2018 season.
- An AFC executive fully expects the Patriots to move on from a number of players including Dwayne Allen, Martellus Bennett, Alan Branch, Kenny Britt and David Harris.
- From there, La Canfora believes it would be smart for the Patriots to open extension talks with DE Trey Flowers.
- Sources have told Jason La Canfora that while the Steelers “love” veteran CB Joe Haden, they can’t keep him at $9 million. La Canfora could see them bringing Haden back at a lower figure.
- According to La Canfora, CB William Gay is gone and S Mike Mitchell could also be out.
- No surprise, but La Canfora says the Steelers will tag RB Le’Veon Bell if needed.