Home / Browns / AFC Rumors: Browns, Jets, Raiders, Texans
AFC Rumors: Browns, Jets, Raiders, Texans
- Alex Marvez reports that Browns HC Hue Jackson has interest in hiring former Bengals OC Ken Zampese for an undisclosed role on his staff.
- The Browns are reportedly finalizing a deal with Packers personnel executive Alonzo Highsmith. (NFLTR)
- Cleveland has requested permission to interview Texans QBs coach Sean Ryan for their offensive coordinator position. (NFLTR)
- Jets CEO Christopher Johnson said Tuesday that there will be no playoff mandate for HC Todd Bowles and GM Mike Maccagnan in 2018. (Manish Mehta)
- According to Maccagnan, they plan to be “very active” in free agency this year. (Connor Hughes)
- As for QB Josh McCown, Maccagnan said: “I still think there’s good football left in Josh… Based on what Josh has done, I’d have no problem bringing him back.” (Rich Cimini)
- Maccagnan said the “book” on QB Christian Hackenberg “is not closed.” (Connor Hughes)
- Jets CB Morris Claiborne, who will be a free agent in the coming months, told reporters on Monday that he would like to return to New York: “Why leave and pick up (and go) somewhere else if you’ve got everything here?“
- Rich Cimini thinks the Jets will have a “moderate level of interest” in re-signing Claiborne.
- Alex Marvez hears that that Rams QBs coach Greg Olson and Bears OL coach Jeremiah Washburn could both join Jon Gruden’s staff with the Raiders if/when he’s hired as their next head coach.
- Gruden confirmed that he’s a candidate for the Raiders’ job, (NFLTR)
- Michael Gehlken reports that the Raiders have begun signing players to futures contracts including DE Fadol Brown, WR Keon Hatcher, G Jordan Simmons and DE Joby Saint Fleur.
- According to Gehlken, S Stefan McClure will sign with the Lions instead of returning to the Raiders.
- Texans HC Bill O’Brien said of the front office changes coming to the team: “The big thing for me and the McNairs is alignment philosophically (with new GM).” (John McClain)
- According to O’Brien, there’s a chance QB Deshaun Watson, who is rehabbing from a torn ACL, could be back for OTAs. (John McClain)
- In regards to assistant head coach Romeo Crennel, O’Brien said: “I fully expect him to be back next year.” (Aaron Wilson)
- Texans director of football research Jim Bernhardt has left the team to spend more time with his family. (Mark Berman)
- John McClain reports that Texans WR Will Fuller will undergo minor knee surgery. He’ll be full go in a few weeks.
Tags Bill O'Brien Christian Hackenberg Deshaun Watson Fadol Brown Greg Olson Hue Jackson Jeremiah Washburn Jim Bernhardt Joby Saint Fleur Jon Gruden Jordan Simmons Josh McCown Ken Zampese Keon Hatcher Mike Maccagnan Morris Claiborne Romeo Crennel Stefan McClure Todd Bowles Will Fuller