- Colts HC Frank Reich said Monday that OL Joe Haeg (ankle) is getting close to returning to the team from the PUP list. (Mike Chappell)
- Jaguars HC Doug Marrone said Monday that QB Blake Bortles injured his left shoulder when he was hit by Eagles LB Nigel Bradham. (Michael DiRocco)
- Marrone added that Bortles “took his normal throws” during Monday’s practice.
Texans WR Demaryius Thomas admitted following Sunday’s game that it was a “tough” week for him, being traded and joining a new team.
“It was tough, man,” Thomas said, via the Denver Post. “It was tough. Throughout the week, it was tough. I just wanted to make sure I knew all the plays and helped my guys.”
- Regarding RB D’Onta Foreman returning from the PUP list, Texans HC Bill O’Brien said that his situation is “trending upwards” but they don’t know if he’ll be activated this week or after their bye. (Aaron Wilson)
- Texans rookie WR Keke Coutee (hamstring) said he has no plans to return to the team until he is sure he is 100 percent healthy: “Until I’m 100 percent, I won’t be back out there. We’re taking it day by day. I’m doing a little bit better every day. I’m definitely taking a little time during the bye.” (Houston Chronicle)
The Cowboys were willing to trade a first-round pick without any conditions attached.