Colts QB Andrew Luck admitted that it was “overwhelming” returning to regular season action after missing the entire 2016 season.
“Overwhelming, I felt grateful and appreciative to be here,” Luck said, via ESPN.com. “I was so excited to get to run on the field as a Colt and get to play with T.Y. [Hilton] and Jack [Doyle] and [Adam Vinatieri] and the new guys. It was fun. Then the game got going, and then it’s one play at a time.”
- Colts HC Frank Reich said Monday that CB Chris Milton in the concussion protocol and OT J’Marcus Webb has a hamstring injury. (Andrew Walker)
- Jaguars HC Doug Marrone said Monday that RB Leonard Fournette’s hamstring injury is “minor.” (Phillip Heilman)
- The Jacksonville Jaguars tried out CBs Breon Borders and Linden Stephens last week. (Howard Balzer)
- Texans HC Bill O’Brien said he expects WR Will Fuller to return from a hamstring injury in Week 2. (Aaron Wilson)
- O’Brien said CB Kayvon Webster, who is working his way back from an Achilles injury he suffered last year, won’t be back this week, but he will be part of a rotation soon. (Aaron Wilson)
- The Texans lost RT Seantrel Henderson for the season and will place him on injured reserve in the coming days. Aaron Wilson mentions that this will be costly for Henderson, who has up to $1.5 million in per game active roster bonuses. He’ll make a $1.2 million base salary and has already received a $500,000 signing bonus.
- Titans HC Mike Vrabel said that QB Marcus Mariota is still being evaluated, but he’s hopeful they’ll receive a good report and will move forward with Mariota as their starting quarterback: “Things are OK, but if that situation arises, we will talk about bringing another guy (3rd QB) in here.” (Terry McCormick)