Colts second-year RB Marlon Mack mentioned that he’s motivated to show the team he can the “top dog” now that Frank Gore is in Miami.
“I feel like, for me, it just motivates me to just go harder,” Mack said, via the Colts.com. “Other guys in the room feel the exact same as me. Everybody wants to be the top dog, and so you’ve just got to (be motivated) and just be hungry and attack; attack, I’d say, just show your talents and do your best.”
- Pittsburgh S Jordan Whitehead is visiting with the Texans. (Josh Norris)
- Pittsburgh TE Matt Flanagan is set to take a pre-draft visit to Houston and meet with the Texans. (Tony Pauline)
- Texans claimed TE Matt Lengel off of waivers from the Browns. (NFLTR)
- Texans waived QB Taylor Heinicke. (NFLTR)
New Titans RB Dion Lewis mentioned during an interview with Sirius XM NFL Radio that he believes he’ll be a good complement to Derrick Henry.
“I think they’re going to use both of us,” Lewis said. “Derrick’s a great back and I’m happy to be a part of the backfield with him, so I think we can form a pretty good one-two punch. But at this time of year, just learning a new system. … Whatever my role is, I’m just going to work as hard as I can to carve myself a pretty good role on this team.”
- According to Terry McCormick, the Titans signed WR Michael Campanaro to a one-year, $880,000 contract, which breaks down to a $790,000 base salary and a $45,000 signing bonus.
- McCormick adds that because this is a veteran minimum contract, the cap value is $630,000.