Veteran LB Paul Posluszny officially announced his retirement from the NFL on Monday during a press conference.
“I absolutely loved being a Jacksonville Jaguar,” Posluszny said, via Pro Football Talk. “I tried to give everything that I could to [the organization] while I had the privilege of serving here. Thank you for sharing your locker room with me. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of it for the time I was here. It was an honor and it was pleasure. I loved every minute of it.
“I love the game too much and I respect it too much to not be able, physically, to do everything that I’ve done in years past. If that’s a year too early, I’ll regret it, but I’d rather be a year too early than one play too late.”
- A source tells Ryan O’Halloran of the Florida Times-Union that the Jaguars are “unlikely” to pursue WR Dez Bryant.
- Auburn edge rusher Jeff Holland is visiting with the Jaguars this week. (Aaron Wilson)
- Temple DL Jullian Taylor is taking a pre-draft visit to Houston and meeting with the Texans on Monday. (Aaron Wilson)
- Toledo RB Terry Swanson will visit with the Texans on Tuesday. (Aaron Wilson)
- Wake Forest S Jessie Bates has a pre-draft visit lined up with the Titans. (Cameron Wolfe)
- Texas LB Malik Jefferson is on a pre-draft top-30 visit with Titans on Monday. (Cameron Wolfe)