Broncos HC Vance Joseph acknowledged he’s coaching for his job right now.
“We’ve lost four games in a row,” Joseph said, per Mike Klis. “Everyone is fighting for their lives.”
- Following Sunday’s loss to the Rams, Joseph made it clear that they aren’t looking to make a change at quarterback, saying: “Case [Keenum] is our quarterback.” (Nicki Jhabvala)
- Broncos executive VP John Elway said during a radio interview on Monday that the team’s run defense is a “big, big concern” right now: “That is a big, big concern right now and we have to figure out how to get that solved.” (Nicki Jhabvala)
- Elway mentioned that they’ll look to see who’s available as potential replacements for G Ron Leary (Achilles): “We will look to see what’s out there that can come in and possibly help us.” (Nicki Jhabvala)
- Broncos S Su’a Cravens announced Monday that he’s been cleared to practice and expects to return for Week 7’s game against the Texans.
- Broncos OLB Shane Ray is in a walking boot, due to a high ankle sprain. (Troy Renck)
“Right now, we feel comfortable with Mike,” Lynn said, via The Athletic. “He did a good job, so maybe we’ll let Caleb heal another week and go with Mike. We’ll see.”
Mike Garafolo says that with a little over two weeks until the trade deadline, NFL teams will be looking to buy low on Conley.