- Ryan O’Halloran, citing a league source, reports that Broncos RB De’Angelo Henderson is generating interest from teams if he becomes available Saturday.
- Nicki Jhabvala adds that Broncos OLB Jeff Holland is also someone with interest from other teams.
- According to James Palmer, Broncos S Su’a Cravens returned to practice on Thursday and suffered a setback with his knee after pushing it too hard. Palmer says it remains to be seen whether he’ll suit up on Thursday.
- Terez A. Paylor reports that the Chiefs signed CB Orlando Scandrick to a one-year contract that includes a base salary of $915,000 with per-game roster bonuses totaling $500,000 this season.
“I think he’s a good player,” Gruden said of Switzer, via the Las Vegas Review-Journal. “He deserves an opportunity. We want to help him, obviously, get going in a new offense.”
- Gruden said he doesn’t want to put a timetable on when they can expect DE Khalil Mack to rejoin the team and admitted that it’s been a “grueling process” for the team, Mack and the fans. (Michael Gehlken)
- Gruden said of WR Martavis Bryant: “He’s progressed. He’s progressed some. I thought we had him downfield a couple times the other night. Unfortunately, we didn’t see him. He’s been on the practice field the last four or five days, which is good news.” (Michael Gehlken)
- Gruden said it’s “very possible” Mike Nugent will be the Raiders’ kicker to open the season: “Right now, he’s the leader in the clubhouse because Eddy (Piñeiro, groin) is not healthy.” (Michael Gehlken)
- Jordan Raanan reports that CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie’s deal with the Raiders is a one-year contract worth $1.015 million. Rodgers-Cromartie will count $630,000 against the team’s 2018 salary cap.