AFC West Notes: Chargers, Chiefs, Raiders
- Hall of Fame QB Kurt Warner said recently that he actually reached out to an NFL coach about possibly returning for the 2018 season.
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk speculates that the Chargers may have been the team Warner was interested in joining, considering that he’s close friends with OC Ken Whisenhunt from their time together with the Cardinals and Los Angeles was in the market for a backup quarterback this offseason before signing Geno Smith.
- The Kansas City Chiefs announced that seven members of the personnel staff have been promoted to new titles, including Mike Borgonzi as Director of Football Operations, Chris Shea as Football Operations Counsel and Personnel Executive, Ryan Poles as Assistant Director of Player Personnel, Ryne Nutt as Director of College Scouting, Trey Koziol as a National Scout, Jason Lamb as College and Pro Scout, and Rob Francois as a National Football Scout. (Chiefs’ official site)
- Tom Pelissero reports that the Raiders signed veteran LB Derrick Johnson to a one-year contract worth $1.5 million. The agreement includes a $200,000 signing bonus and $500,000 in total guarantees.
- According to Pelissero, Johnson can earn up to $2.25 million by reaching incentives included in the contract.
Tags Chris Shea Derrick Johnson Jason Lamb Ken Whisenhunt Kurt Warner Mike Borgonzi Rob Francois Ryan Poles Ryne Nutt Trey Koziol