Home / Texans / Andre Johnson’s Agent Remains In Contact With Texans

Andre Johnson’s Agent Remains In Contact With Texans


Reports from earlier in the day mentioned that Andre Johnson was at the Texans’ facility on Monday, which was taken as a sign that the receiver could be in attendance for the team’s training camp.

However, Ian Rapoport confirmed with a source that although Johnson was there yesterday, “it means nothing for camp.”

Johnson’s agent, Kennard McGuire, tells Fox 26 Sports that he has been in contact with the team regarding his client.

“I am not refuting, confirming or denying any reports or stories,” McGuire said. “Per the collective bargaining agreement there’s a period in which veteran players are not allowed to participate or be in their team’s facilities and that period is as such.

“While I am personally in contact with the Texans organization, those conversations will remain between myself, the organization and Andre Johnson.

Johnson’s absence from offseason workouts is reportedly related to a “standoff” involving a $1 million workout bonus. He is hoping to earn it back, despite missing some time, but the team has reportedly told him that they won’t be offering him the money.

Johnson, 33, still has three years remaining on his seven-year, $62.7 million contract. He’s set to make $6.5 million for the 2014 season before his base salary increases to $10.5 million in 2015.

In 2013, Johnson caught 109 passes for 1,407 yards receiving and five touchdowns.

Share with your friends