- Wilson’s sources added that Jones is expected to receive between $6 million and $7 million per year in his next contract.
- Ian Rapoport previously reported that the Indianapolis Colts have “very real interest” in Ravens’ free agent DL Arthur Jones.
- Rapoport adds that the interest is “mutual.”
This makes sense when you consider that the Colts HC Chuck Pagano was with the Ravens just a few years ago and already signed former Raven Corey Redding last year.
The Colts joins the Titans, Packers, Redskins, Giants and Vikings as the know teams to have expressed interest in signing the defensive lineman.
Jones, 27, was one of the best 3-4 defensive ends in the league this past season. In just 14 games, he totaled 53 tackles, four sacks, five tackles for a loss and 15 quarterback hurries.
- Wilson adds that other NFL teams have interest as well, but they remain unknown at this point in time.
- Wilson later mentioned that the Giants are also interested in Jones as well.
Jones would be a great addition for the Redskins seeing as he is arguably the best 3-4 defensive end in this year’s free agent market. Washington finally has cap space to work with, so he could be quality addition to their defense.
- Wilson adds that “several teams” are likely to have interest in Jones, who is arguably the best 3-4 defensive lineman available in this year’s free agent market.
Wilson previously mentioned that the Patriots and Colts could be two teams to watch in regards to Jones given that former Ravens’ DC Chuck Pagano is now the head coach in Indianapolis.
Jones’ younger brother, Chandler, plays for the Patriots and they would make for an impressive pair of defensive linemen moving forward.
According to Wilson, Jones is expected to “emerge as a major commodity in free agency,” which will likely price Baltimore out of the market for his services.