John Telich reports that free agent RB Ben Tate is still in Cleveland and is expected to sign his contract with the team today.
- Telich adds that Tate deal is contingent upon Tate passing a physical.
- According to Telich, Tate’s contract includes performance based salary.
Tate, 25, has said previously that he does not expect to re-sign with the Texans and all indications are that will reach the open market. Last year, he totaled 771 yards rushing on 181 carries (4.3 YPC) and four touchdowns over the course of 14 games.
Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that free agent RB Ben Tate is has arrived in Cleveland and is meeting with the Browns on Thursday.
- Cabot adds that Tate’s initial visit scheduled for Wednesday was postponed due to weather.
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter (via Nate Ulrich) first report that Tate was visiting with the Browns on Wednesday.
- Ian Rapoport reports that the Browns appear to be the favorites to sign Tate.