Home / Browns / Browns Deny That Contract Talks Have Broken Down With WR Travis Benjamin

Browns Deny That Contract Talks Have Broken Down With WR Travis Benjamin

Browns executive Sashi Brown told reporters on Thursday that he met with Travis Benjamin‘s agent at the Scouting Combine last year and denied reports that talks have broken down, per Mary Kay Cabot.

Multiple reports in recent days have said that Benjamin will test the open market, and teams such as the Chargers and Falcons are reportedly interested in pursuing him.

Indications had been that the Browns and Benjamin could eventually get a deal done before the start of free agency. However, this year’s free agent market is limited in terms of receiver depth and it could prove to be beneficial for Benjamin to see what’s out there.

Benjamin, 26, was taken in the fourth round of the 2012 NFL draft by the Browns. He played out the final year of his four-year, $2.577 million rookie contract and is in position to be one of the best available receivers in this year’s free agent market.

In 2015, Benjamin appeared in all 16 games and recorded 68 receptions for 966 yards receiving and five touchdowns. Benjamin has also contributed 324 punt return yards and a touchdown. Pro Football Focus has Benjamin rated as the No. 86 receiver out of 119 qualifying players.

We have him featured in our Top 100 – 2016 Free Agents list.

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
wpDiscuz