On Tuesday, Cardinals HC Bruce Arians told reporters (per Kent Somers) that he doubts RB David Johnson (injured reserve wrist) will play again this season.
Earlier in the day, Cardinals GM Steve Keim was noncommittal about Johnson returning from injured reserve.
“We will continue to monitor that to see if he can come back this season,” Keim said.
Johnson, 25, was taken in the third round of the 2015 NFL Draft by the Cardinals. He’s currently in the second year of his four-year, $2.992 million contract and stands to make base salaries of $615,000 and $705,000 over the next two years.
In 2017, Johnson has appeared in one game and rushed for 23 yards on 11 carries to go along with six receptions for 67 yards receiving.