Advertisement
Home / Buccaneers / Buccaneers Turned Down Multiple Offers For QB Mike Glennon

Buccaneers Turned Down Multiple Offers For QB Mike Glennon

 

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers told reporters on Saturday that they received multiple trade offers from around half dozen teams for second-year quarterback QB Mike Glennon, but they plan on keeping him.

“There’s a lot of interest and we want to keep Mike,” Bucs GM Jason Licht said Saturday, via the Tampa Bay Times. “(They were) just feeling it out. I know that Mike has a very good reputation throughout the league as far as his developmental future.”

Bcus HC Lovie Smith recently referred to Glennon as the team’s future quarterback and reiterated that they have high hopes for him.

“A lot of talk has gone on about Mike Glennon,” Smith said. “What I’ve said is Josh McCown is our starter, which he is. Love Josh. And Josh is excited, more so than or as excited as any fan that we have about the offensive group. But what I’ve said is that we like Mike Glennon and Mike has an excellent future in the league and that’s how it’s played out.’

At the start of the draft, numerous reports surfaced that Glennon could be available with the Patriots being mentioned as a possible landing spot for him. However, it appears as though this idea can be completed ruled out as the team didn’t add a quarterback in the draft, despite rumors that they were possibly targeting Johnny Manziel.

Tampa Bay used the No. 73 pick on Glennon last year. He wound up taking over for Josh Freeman in Week 4 and would go on to throw for 2,608 yards while completing 59.4 percent of his passes and contributing 19 touchdowns.

Pro Football Focus rated Glennon as the No. 34 quarterback in the league out of 42 qualifying players.

Share with your friends










Submit