Home Bears Coaching Rumors: Bears, Cardinals, Giants, Lions
- In regards to the Bears’ job, Jason La Canfora believes Eagles QBs coach John DeFilippo is the guy to watch.
- La Canfora writes that DeFilippo won’t give GM Ryan Pace too much pushback and should be able to help QB Mitch Trubisky’s development in the coming years.
- According to La Canfora, Patriots OC Josh McDaniels is “ready to go” and likely to decide between the Colts and Bears.
- La Canfora believes “Pace should try to move the moon and the stars to keep Vic Fangio as his defensive coordinator.”
- As of now, the Bears have interviewed: Eagles QBs coach John DeFilippo, Vikings OC Pat Shurmur, Patriots OC Josh McDaniels, Chiefs OC Matt Nagy, Vikings DC George Edwards, and Bears DC Vic Fangio. (NFLTR)
- Jason La Canfora mentions that Steelers OL coach Mike Munchak’s candidacy for the Cardinals’ job should not be discounted.
- La Canfora says that Arizona would prefer to hire a coach with prior experience and adds that Munchak would give the Cardinals a strong leader, capable of commanding a room.
- On top of that, Munchak would hopefully be able to fix the Cardinals’ offensive line issues.
- We’ve also heard that Munchak is someone to watch in Arizona.
- According to La Canfora, the expectation is that Panthers DC Steve Wilks will be allowed to interview for head coach jobs on Monday but it remains to be seen if the Giants or Cardinals, who are believed to have the most interest in hiring him, will get the first interview.
- The Giants are scheduled to interview former Broncos assistant HC Eric Studesville on Tuesday.
- According to Jason La Canfora, it’s still possible the Giants could interview other candidates who were not on their original short list.
- La Canfora tosses out Eagles DC Jim Schwartz and Steelers OL coach Mike Munchak as two candidates to watch for New York if they expand their list.
- The Giants have interviewed
- Patriots DC Matt Patricia, Patriots OC Josh McDaniels, Vikings OC Pat Shurmur, and interim HC Steve Spagnuolo. (NFLTR)
- Jason La Canfora reports that multiple teams in need of a head coach are willing to wait for the Patriots’ season to end before hiring either OC Josh McDaniels or DC Matt Patricia.
- According to La Canfora, sources around the NFL would be “shocked” if the Lions hire anyone other than Patriots DC Matt Patricia as their next head coach.
- This fits with recent reports that the Patriots are bracing to lose Patricia with the Lions being the team to watch. (NFLTR)
- Texans DC Mike Vrabel, Vikings OC Pat Shurmur, Lions DC Teryl Austin, Packers assistant HC Winston Moss, and Lions OC Jim Bob Cooter. (NFLTR)