Charles Robinson reports that the Cowboys want RB DeMarco Murray at $5 million per year. However, Robinson mentions that the Eagles could probably make this deal happen if they’re willing to pay him $6 million annually.
- Robinson adds that Philadelphia has the cap space to make this work if they want to.
According to Schefter, the Cowboys had “numerous” chances to re-sign Murray throughout the year and in recent.
- Schefter mentions that the Eagles are the most appealing to Murray because of his belief in their chance to win. There’s also the contract that they’re offering to him.
- Murray reportedly would consider a last minute offer from the cowboys, but he’s going to Philadelphia with the intent to sign with the Eagles.
- Albert Breer reports that HC Chip Kelly will be a part of the meeting and will not be in attendance for Oregon’s Pro Day.
Peter Schrager reports that before signing anything with the Eagles, the Cowboys could have opportunity to make RB Demarco Murray another offer.
- Adam Caplan reports that the Eagles’ interest in Murray has “gotten serious” today and “it’s real.“
- Caplan’s feeling is that unless the Cowboys step up, he believes Murray will be playing for the Eagles.
- According to ESPN Werder, things are “getting very competitive” between the Raiders, Cowboys, and Eagles for Murray right now.
- Mike Garafolo reports that “key” members of the Cowboys are lobbying for his return. Garafolo adds that this recent battle could ultimately inflate his asking price.
Murray, 26, was extremely impressive this season. He ran for 1,845 yards on 393 carries (4.7 YPC) and scored 13 touchdowns, over the course of 16 games and added another 57 receptions for 416 yards receiving.
Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 5 running back in the league out of 57 qualifying players.
We have Murray listed as the No. 9 player in our Top 100 Free Agents list.