- Pro Football Talk reports that the Bengals have also expressed interest in Bradshaw and a visit could be scheduled in the next week or two.
The Steelers are believed to have serious interest in signing Bradshaw and another visit was expected to take place at some point in time.
The issue, of course, is related to Pittsburgh’s current financial situation. New England just signed restricted free agent Emmanuel Sanders to an offer sheet and while the Steelers do have the money to make their offer, it’s doubtful that they would also be able to sign Bradshaw as well.
The Steelers could free up some additional cap space by restructuring the contract of S Troy Polamalu. This should also help them to sign their draft class as well.
Other teams that have been mentioned as speculative options for Bradshaw include the Broncos, Jets and Packers.
We have Bradshaw listed as the No. 8 best available player in our Best Available Free Agents list.
Legwold mentions that the Broncos haven’t ruled out the idea of signing Bradshaw to a short-term deal and will “almost certainly” use one of their draft picks on another running back. Legwold specifically mentions that Denver is “high on” Michigan State RB Le’Veon Bell.
Currently, the Broncos have Willis McGahee, Ronnie Hillman, Knowshon Moreno and Lance Ball and under contract, which is a fairly crowded backfield. It would make sense for at least of one of these players to be released at some point in the near future.
McGahee, 32, could be the odd man out in this situation. He does have two years remaining on his contract, but he’s dealt with a number of injuries during his career and there’s some concern that his overall ability is on the decline.
Bradshaw, 27, is coming off of foot surgery, but has visited with the Steelers in recent weeks. Previous reports indicated that the Jets and Packers could also be potential options for him, but no visits have been scheduled up to this point.
- According to Bouchette, Bradshaw is “still lame.”
- He was still sporting a walking boot on his surgically repaired right ankle.
- Bradshaw reportedly has “no other real options” right now.
- Bouchette adds that Thursday’s visit was more of a “get-to-know-you session” that included a physical.
Bradshaw, 27, has been taking things slow since free agency began. The Packers are believed to have some interest in him as well, but they seem to always be slow-playing the market. We’ll have to if other teams like the Jets end up showing interest in him during the next few weeks, but it appears as though Pittsburgh has the most interest.
Schefter adds that the two sides are expected to “keeping the lines of communication with him open.”
- Aditi Kinkhabwala of the NFL Network reports that free agent Bradshaw is taking a physical for the Steelers right now and, assuming everything checks out, “they will try to sign him.”
- Aditi Kinkhabwala reports that the Steelers “would really like” to sign free agent RB Ahmad Bradshaw..
- Ian Rapoport reports that Bradshaw is expected to meet with the Steelers on Thursday.
So far, the Jets and Packers have also been linked to Bradshaw in the past few weeks. He previously mentioned that his plan was to wait until his foot is closer to being 100 percent before meeting with interested clubs.
Clearly, Bradshaw’s physical will be a very important consideration for any team considering adding him to their roster.