Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald reports that the MRI on Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill’s knee was “inconclusive” and will require further testing.
- As of now, multiple sources tell Salguero that all options remain on the table in regards to Tannehill’s knee including surgery.
- Albert Breer reports that Tannehill will get a second opinion on his knee just to be sure on its stability.
Aditi Kinkhabwala spoke with a member of the Dolphins’ organization who said that QB Ryan Tannehill has “no structural damage” to his knee.
- Kinkhabwala adds that while there’s no structural damage to his knee, Tannehill’s knee did buckle, so they will still have to figure out how to proceed with him moving forward.
- According to Kinkhabwala’s source, Tannehill may still miss some time after this tweak, but it appears as though they’ve avoided the worst case scenario right now.
- Omar Kelly reports that Tannehill hyperextended his knee, but no ligament damage.
Armando Salguero reports that Ryan Tannehill’s injury is, in fact, to the same knee he suffered a torn ACL in last year. As of now, there’s still no update regarding the severity of the injury, but a source tells Salguero that Miami is “fearing the worst.”
- Adam Schefter adds that the Dolphins are “concerned” about Tannehill’s left knee injury.
Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill left practice on Thursday after he suffered a non-contact leg injury.
Tannehill is still sporting a brace on his left knee after he partially tore his ACL late last season, so any leg injury for him is a big concern.
Tannehill, 29, is a former first-round pick of the Dolphins back in 2012. He’s currently in the third year of his six-year, $95.272 million contract that includes $45 million guaranteed and stands to make a base salary of $17.975 million for the 2017 season.
In 2016, Tannehill appeared in 13 games and thrown for 2,995 yards while completing 67.1 percent to go along with 19 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 15 out of 36 qualifying players.
We’ll have more regarding Tannehill as the news is available.